Start a new topic

Flood History Disclosure

I have a property located in a flood zone. The property has flooded 2 times in the past. I have flood insurance and the EZ Landlord form that I had him sign had the following wording;  "2. Section 15 regarding the condition of property states “the tenant agrees that neither the Landlord nor his agent have made promises regarding the condition of the Leased premises” 3. Section 19 states:  “Although not required, Tenant is encouraged to obtain personal property/renter’s insurance with an insurance company properly licensed to do business in the state.  Tenant is solely responsible for any damage or loss of the Tenant’s personal property to the extent that the law permits."  While the tenant was renting the property it flooded again. My question is, since I did not specifically have anything in the contract disclosing the flood history, am I liable for any damages to his property? Are there any legalities on having to disclose flood history information?  thanks, Daniel.

You do not necessarily need to disclose the property flooding info.  most likely the tenant understands that they are in the flood zone, however I always recommending having as much info as possible so that you cannot be held responsible for the tenants loss.
I agree with Patty H, You should not do something that will provide harm to your tenants, after all, they are human beings at the first. Better when you face the problems regarding flood or water damage you should have to initiate about the Insurance agreement with a professional insurance advisor for flood damage or talk to a Phoenix public adjusters ( https://www.alliancepublicadjusters.com/ ) about negotiating the amount and getting high restoration cost from the insurance company after the policy claim.
Login to post a comment