Start a new topic

conforming to homeowner's insurance

I recently received a letter from my homeowner's insurance company notifying me that they had done a recent inspection of my rental property and discovered a trampoline in the backyard of my rental house and would not renew my policy unless the trampoline was not removed promptly. I sent my tenant a letter, along with a copy of the insurance letter letting them know that they would have to remove the trampoline as soon as possible. What are my options if the tenant doesn't comply in a timely fashion. I don't want to lose my coverage and have been with the same company for over 20 years.

If this does not happen where they remove it you may evict them on the premise that they are knowingly not abiding to the request.  Once the tenant gets the notice to remove it or be evicted they will most likely remove it.
Typically their renter's policy will also restrict trampolines. You have to make them remove it. The insurance company does not play around with this requirement. I also have rentals in VA and make this clear to my renters.
Login to post a comment