Start a new topic

2 days notice and destroyed the apt!

I had a tenant move out a little over a year ago. I did send a letter over 60 days before the lease was up, stating we will need to redo the lease and I also raised the rent. She said she was looking and said she was having a hard time finding something in her price range that wasn't "Nasty".  She would go to her boyfriends house on the weekends and leave her 2 kids,(1 was 21 the other 17)! Well what a free for all that was! I happen to also live on the property.  She would deny that the kids had parties! Then a few months later she called to tell me she was moving out in 2 days! The Apt was destroyed! Took 4 months and 9000.00 to clean and fix and replace kicked in doors, ruined kitchen floor,(pergo) the kid took a hammer to the side of the freezer, so it didn't seal anymore and broke off the oven handle and kicked that in too! Also from climbing in and out of the front windows-they were all broken- every screen and mini blinds were all broken in the apt.! Not to mention the lease stated NO PETS! They had a cat! The carpets were disgusting! The new bathroom- they must have attached body wash to the tub en closer with Duct Tape!!!! Broke the medicine cabinet and the 2 lights on either side of it!  There was more! When is the statue of limitations up for suing her for damages? This is in NJ!
1 Comment

So sorry this happened to you!!  :(
Login to post a comment