Start a new topic

Lanlord forged my name & changed a date on a false Lease he provided the Courthouse

I was served with an Eviction Summons. In the packet, I noticed my landlord provided the courthouse with a false, newly written up Lease Agreement and he changed some dates on it and also forged my signature on it. You can clearly tell by looking at this false copy and the original, that the handwriting of the signatures are different and also written on different lines of the form. Can I pursue criminal charges for forging my name? I'm going to the courthouse Monday morning to provide them with this false copy AND the original one in my possession. Is there anyone else I should contact? Also, I was told in Florida by law a rental home is to have heat. My landlord informed me last month that the heat in my home is not hooked up and he needs to run wires to the electrical box to hook it up and also that there are too be screens in the windows. Not one window in my home has a screen and all the windows are screwed shut. Is there anyone I can contact about these issues also? Thank You for your time!
1 Comment

Sounds like this landlord is in trouble. That is never okay and the way you are handling this will be fine!
Login to post a comment