Start a new topic

Re: Bad landlord

I rent a room for three months from 9/9/2017 to 12/9/2017. On August 14, I looked at the house and gave the deposit $650 to the landlord. The monthly rent is $650 including Utility. On 9/9, I moved in, and paid her the rent $650.  On 10/9, I paid her another $650. The landlord also lives in the house. on 10/12 morning, when she backed up her car from the garage she damaged my car parked on the drive way. But she didn't want to take the responsibility. When I asked her insurance information on the same day, at first she refused to give me and then lied to the insurance company saying that I damaged her car. I didn't feel safe living in the house anymore so the same day I said I want to move out and she should refund my rent and deposit. She then refused to communicate with me, blocked my message and did not take my phone call. On 10/20, she installed video cameras everywhere in the house, one camera faces my bedroom and the bathroom I used. I felt extremely uncomfortable and asked her why she installed the video cameras. She did not answer me. So I moved out on 11/1. The morning before the day I moved out  I left a notes for her telling her I move out the next day and wanted to talk to her about the rent and the deposit. She did not response me. So In the same evening around 8:00 pm, I knocked her room door trying to talk to her about my rent and the deposit and she did not open the door and told me that she was going to sleep and rather talk to me next day. I asked her when, she said she will call me. However, the next day she left around 8:00am again. I moved out anyway that same day and cleaned my room and the bathroom as it was when I moved in. I took the pictures of the room and the bathroom.   Now I am wondering how I can get my deposit back. The landlord is really not reasonable person. I had asked the mediation board to help me, but she just hanged up the phone to them when she heard who they are and refused to take phone calls after their first call.  I really don't know how I can deal with this kind of person. Please help!
1 Comment

Contact a lawyer and ask for what you can do. Sounds like she is a whole lot of crazy!
Login to post a comment