Start a new topic

destroyed home

I have a lease with 2 people ex husband and ex wife who have caused damaged to the home I rent to them.  Doors falling out of door jams, holes in doors, brand new carpet in at least 2 bedrooms destroyed, tile cracked, and holes in walls.  I have filed a police report same day we viewed the damage, as the police had been to the house for domestic violence as well as the ex husband was sectioned by his daughter.  The court released him, and is now back at the rental property.  The renovations to this property were complete on June 30 and they moved in on July 1 of 2016.  all floors and carpets were replaced.  My question is.  Do I have a right to have them removed due to destruction of property?  I'm going to issue a 30 day quit letter as per MGL.  I need to know what I can do to protect my property from further damage.  According to the police officer, if he causes more damage, they can arrest him for retaliation destruction.  Please help!!!

I  have placed a page in in lease informing tenants that the police will be called if they destroy the property . YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE POLICE  Make sure they file a property damgae complaint and call the DA's office and find out wha the next steps are. God be with you
Destruction of property is a breach of the lease. Pay a a service to serve them with the seven day notice to quit.  Start the eviction process with an attorney on day 8.
Login to post a comment