Start a new topic

Taking care of property

Can I add an addition to their lease stating their requirements to take care of the property they are leasing?they are storing all kinds of junk on the sidewalk outside the house making it appear trashy and even tho there is no smoking allowed in the house per the lease they are smoking right outside the door leaving butts all over the place and creating a fire risk to a very old farmhouse in a drought (dry ) situation in our state.

Yes i would create an addendum or amendment to add or fix the terms that you would like to change. What they are doing is definitely a problem.
Agree with JD.   Include it in future leases..   Mine now says 'everything except lawn furniture & potted plants must be stored inside each day after use'.  That includes bikes, toys, buckets, chemicals, grills, tools,  cans, lawn mowers, snow plows, etc...    I also now only allow 1 vehicle per adult, tenant must request landlord permission  for more...  and they submit drivers license, vehicle plate # and vehicle make/model/color....must all be tagged & in operable order on the driveway.
Login to post a comment