Start a new topic

Advertising vacant apartment question

I am looking for the best way to advertise a vacancy. I have checked with real estate agencies and their charges, although fair, their fees are high for the average renter. I took out a three day AD in the paper and advertised on Craig's List with minimal success. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

You seem like you are on a roll! Now its just the waiting game. I would have suggested Craigslist.
WE'VE HAD GREAT SUCCESS ON CRAIGS LIST AND ALSO ROOMATES.COM. BUT IF YOU ARE TARGETING AN OLDER CLIENTELE THE NEWSPAPER AD WILL WORK WELL BUT ITS PRICEY, CRAIGS LIST IS FREE AND IT HAS PHOTOS.  IVE HAD RESPONSES WITHIN 5 MINUTES FROM CRAIGSLIST. ALSO WEVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH TARGETED WORD OF MOUTH, WEVE GIVEN SMALL TASTEFUL FLIERS TO FRIENDS TO PLACE ON THE TABLE OR BOARD AT CHURCH AND WORK. ALSO FOREIGN LANGUAGE NEWSPAPERS WILL TRANSLATE YOUR AD INTO THEIR LANGUAGE FOR FREE ALSO INCLUDING A NOTE TELLING PROSPECTIVE TENANTS TO SPEAK ENGLISH IF NECESSARY. VALERIE MASEULI
Postlet.com first.  Then copy the html code to Craigslist.   Surveys show that lawn signs drive the most traffic!  Put a small sign on your cross street to bring more traffic.  
I had signs made up for the yard approx $20 each and use craigslist with photos. I have had great luck with craigslist and don't use the newspaper anymore the savings have been huge.
You have done enough of your advertising. You just have to wait for the results. Craigslist is effective but beware of scammers.
I have used craigslist very successfully.  Photos are a big plus so people get an idea of what your unit has to offer. I had so many responses the first day from craigslist I had to remove the posting.  There were 10 good prospects and only a couple of scammers (and those were pretty obvious and easily deleted.)   I have also sent out a note on facebook saying I had a house for rent and had a "friend of a friend" respond.  You may be surprised at the number of people you may connect with on facebook that may know someone who is looking for a new place.  
@Jeff - what do real estate agencies charge and what do they offer?
Login to post a comment