Start a new topic

foreign student tenants

Anyone have experience with foreign students?   Our issue is recieving a certified letter of credit from parents Chinese bank ( all three tenant have one) . Will that stand up legally in US legal system if needed? We still want it cosigned. thanks! Renting, always a adventure!

Yes a letter of certification from the foreign bank is a great way to go as well as having a co-signer. From my experience the student also must register the renting property with the school. This is something that will also help to prove that they were indeed living there and are responsible for all terms for the tenant.
As stated above, you want to have legal papers from where they are from stating why they are here and proof they can legally rent/own property.
Login to post a comment