Start a new topic

Exchange student

Hi there. SO I have a new tenant that just moved in a couple of weeks ago. I went by for a quick repair and the door was answered by someone I never met before. He is a foreign exchange student living with them in the house, until May, according to him. First, there was no mention of this from the tenant when she applied and signed the lease. She and her 2 teenage children are teh only ones on the lease and there is a clause that states that they cannot have anyone stay with them in the house for more than 2 weeks without my approval. So I'm trying to figure out how to approach this. He is a minor, as far as I know so I can't do any background check and he's from Germany so there wouldn't be any info on him here in the US regardless. What should I be concerned about and what info should I ask for? I assume I can ask for his Visa info to ensure he is legally residing in the US but should I even care? Curious to see if anyone else has encountered something like this or what others think they would do in this case.  Thanks In Advance.
1 Comment

I don't think it is anything to be concerned about. I would just leave it alone. It is temporary and its just a kid. Usually with exchange students, your kid lives where the kid that you take lives. So its like a swap. At least that's how it was when I was a kid.
Login to post a comment