Start a new topic

non renewal

How long before the end of the lease do you have to let tenants know that they are not eligiblr for reneal

Greg, what does your lease state? ezLandlordforms.com offers a non renewal notice too... http://www.ezlandlordforms.com/documents/27/nonrenewal_notice/
Jess S Lease is standard EZ-Landlord lease. States that nat end of lease if no renewal has been agreed upon tenant must vacate. I was not sure if we had to give them 30 days or more in spite of lease wording.
What is the right way to do things if you verbally refused to re-write a lease.Tenant has had 1 year leases for 5 years,and has verbally abused landlord and been violate,so I refused to re-write a lease.We are on a 30 day verbal agreement.But,now she is not paying her part of the water bill.Please help???Thank you ,Mary
@ Jess: Usually a Lease that's greater than month-to-month should have a clause stating that the lease, after its term date, continues on a month-to-month unless it has been renegotiated. This way all the terms continue and you can raise the rent anytime with proper written notice. If you want them to vacate, check local/state laws for proper notification  for a month-to-month.
@Mary T: I'm not clear on what kind of help you're asking for. The balls on your side of the fence. If you want her to vacate, check local/state laws for proper notification for a month-to-month. BTW...verbal agreements are not advisable. If your lease didn't state that agreement would continue on a month-to-month at the end of the term, you really don't have an agreement.
Yes.
HOW MANY DAYS IS A LANDLORD REQUIRED TO GIVE FOR NON RENEWAL?
@ Yolanda: 30 to 60 days Notice depending on your lease. .  -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Login to post a comment