Start a new topic

Lease END August 31, 2012

Hello, we have advised our Georgia tenant that we will not be renewing the lease. I want to view the condition of the home as to know what to expect when this tenant leaves. This tenant dont have a deposit on file. We acquired these properties from previous landlord with family already renting.  I want to know how much notice do I give so we can view the property and what can we do if they damage the property without a security deposit.
1 Comment

At “Closing” you should have rec’d all deposits tenant gave seller. If you didn’t receive any deposits, you should contact Title Co and find out why….. Your Agreement should state that you can inspect property any time with proper notice (24 hrs ? ). If there is damage, you will have to bill tenant. If they refuse to pay, you take tenant to Small Claims Court. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance
Login to post a comment