Start a new topic

I believe my tenant is smoking in my rental but she denies it.

I recently visited my rental property and I think I am smelling cigarette smoke.  I asked her if she had been smoking and she denied it.  Is there any way that I can test the house for residual smoke to determine if she has smoked? This will nullify the lease and she will have to leave.

Smokers can't smell the cigarette smell that sticks to everything.  They think they are being clever lying and spraying stuff like febreeze to cover up.  If she is smoking there will be a residue on all the surfaces.  If you have any other maintenance to perform, take along all-purpose surface cleaner and clean on the wall or ceiling in/near your 'work' area.  You will see a nasty colored and burnt tobacco smelling gunk.  Kathy J.
Smokers can't smell the cigarette smell that sticks to everything.  They think they are being clever lying and spraying stuff like febreeze to cover up.  If she is smoking there will be a residue on all the surfaces.  If you have any other maintenance to perform, take along all-purpose surface cleaner and clean on the wall or ceiling in/near your 'work' area.  You will see a nasty colored and burnt tobacco smelling gunk.  Kathy J.
Login to post a comment