Start a new topic

Long distance lease signing

We are leasing our home in Wisconsin and we currently live in a different state.  When it comes time to sign the lease what is the correct method.  Do we sign it first and send it to the tenant or do we send it without our signature, have them sign it, send it back to us and then we sign and send them a copy?  

To answer your question 1st, have them sign the lease and have it notarized. Also, have them send a copy of their driver license…..I believe it’s bad business practice to select a new tenant on just an application. A one-on-one meeting is very important. You may want to consider hiring someone, such as a Real Estate Co., to find you a tenant only. They will do all the work and send (via email) you the information for your approval.  -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance
I would have the Tenants sign first, then the Landlords. Then you would make copies for all parties.
Login to post a comment