Start a new topic


If a tenant abandons a leased property and I do not have a forwarding address, but I do have a social security number for the person, can I use that to start proceedings for a judgement against the person in the Commonwealth of Virginia?
1 Comment

Usually a tenant must be served a summons to appear, therefore it would be necessary to know some type of address. Sometimes you can mail it to the last known address and it will be forwarded.  You can Write "Address Service Requested" in one of the following locations: beneath the return address, right above the delivery address, or to the left of or directly beneath the postage stamp, this may get you the actual address.  
Login to post a comment