Start a new topic

Tenant broke the lease in Kodiak, AK

I had a tenant who moved out 4 months into the lease and had not made any payments after moving out, even though it took me 2 more months to lease the apartment again.  The previous tenant refuses to pay. Does anyone know what legal recourses I have to get payment for the months the apartment was vacant? What options are available to me in Alaska?  Alex
1 Comment

You can legally hold them obligated for the full lease or until you re-rented the apartment. You will need to start a small claims against them. Make sure you have a record of paid months and vacant months This will help the process move along as well as help the court get you all of the information you need to reclaim losses.
Login to post a comment