Start a new topic

Rent Increase for Pets

What is a reasonable rent increase in Maryland for a tenant that has requested a dog?  Do you recommend a rent increase as well as a security deposit?  If so, what is a good cost for the security deposit?

I would add maybe an extra 50-100 or just have a pet deposit to cover any damage if needed. If it is just one pet I would do the deposit if it is several pets I would add to the rent.
No pets! Pets are bad news!
I agree with Scott-pets are bad new so to cover my bases I do both a pet deposit and a pet rent. Trust and believe that money will be going right back into the rental when the current resident leaves.
And I see nothing wrong with allowing dog in your rental if you manage to find a responsible pet owner.  Most landlords charge anywhere from $20 to $30 per month in addition to regular rent. And I think that a refundable security deposit that is around $200 additional to the regular security deposit in case some additional cleaning of carpets etc should be enough.
And I see nothing wrong with allowing dog in your rental if you manage to find a responsible pet owner.  Most landlords charge anywhere from $20 to $30 per month in addition to regular rent. And I think that a refundable security deposit that is around $200 additional to the regular security deposit in case some additional cleaning of carpets etc should be enough.
Login to post a comment