Start a new topic

New Tenant not on the Lease in PA

The tenants are a Mother, daughter and her three children.  They do not always follow the lease. I do send them certified letters when an issue arrives. This does work.  The daughter's boyfriend is there a lot, as one of the children is his. We know he is living there. I do have a lease in the occupancy states: Only Tenant and those persons listed to be occupants on the tenant qualification application are permitted to occupy the rental unit, unless permitted in writing by property manager /property owners.  Not sure how to go about proving that he moved in! I would appreciate some feedback.  Thank you, Deanna

Sign-up with USPS to see the mail delivery for that address and see if he is getting mail there.
Scott, Thanks so much..
Scott, I went onto USPS regarding your reply. It States: The current Informed Delivery sign up process requires you to verify your identity.
Scott, I went onto USPS regarding your reply. It States: The current Informed Delivery sign up process requires you to verify your identity.
I have a tenant who I believe has moved in 3 additional adults and 2 children. The unit alone is a two bedroom. When I went over to the property, I saw there was a futon in the dining room and a substantial amount of damage to the floors, walls, and kitchen cabinets. Not to mention it was full of smoke from smoking and it is supposed to be a non-smoking unit. The unit is a 2 bedroom with 2 parking spots but the amount of cars from all the parties there exceeds the spots. They are using the visitor spots which is becoming a problem for other neighbors. Do I allow them to move in and pay an additional amount to cover costs until the lease is up? I have a feeling they will be there whether I allow them to be there or not. I just do not want to have squatters.
Give them a fix or quit notice then move to evict.
Login to post a comment