Start a new topic

HOA mandates having 3 people on same lease

Hi,   I'm new to the forum.  I'm from Mesa, AZ.  I'm hoping someone can help me on the best way to handle this issue of working with an HOA. THe HOA is mandating that the language in the CCRs with respect to single family means   I can rent out to one person, or group, but may not divide up the house for multiple leases. Everyone would have to be on the same lease.  While I intend to do 12 month leases, that may change.   The HOA provdided this reply:   ------ begin quote -----  You can rent out to one person, or group, but may not divide up the house for multiple leases. Everyone would have to be on the same one. Per the CC&Rs the homes within the community can be used exclusively for single families. Please see the definition below.   “Single Family” Definition: means a group of one or more persons each related to the other by blood, marriage or legal adoption, or a group of persons not all so related, together with their domestic servants, who maintain a common household in a Unit.  --------- End Quote -------  I'm planning to have 3 people live in a 3 bedroom home and I'll be renting the rooms rather than the house.   It could be AirBnB, or furnished finder.com or some other platform to source people.  It'll have a furnihsed common area: yard, kitchen, family room, garage.   I know I can use an addendum.   Do I just update the addendum each time someone moves in and out?  Prices amay also be different.   I was thinking something like this added to the lease addendum template:  https://www.ezlandlordforms.com/documents/lease-addendum-template-80684/  Jesse Davis      Tenant for Room #1 is leasing from  9/1/2022 to 8/31/2022.  Her rate is  $1400 per month and she agrees to follow all of the agreement in the lease and in the other adendums while renting the master bedroom and bath during this time.   Jojo Brown:     Tenant for Room #2  leasing from 3/1/2022 to 10/31/2022. ...    Karen Smith:   Tenant for Room #3 leasing from 4/30/2022  to 3/31/2023 .  ...    Would I need to have everyone resign the lease when there's a tenant exits and a new one joins.
Login to post a comment