Start a new topic

Walkthrough

Is it required by any state for the landlord to do a final walkthrough with the departing tenants?

There are many states that do require a condition statement. Off the top of my head, Massachusetts is one of them, I believe. Whether they are required or not, it is always a good practice to use them for both parties.
I think Donna missed the exact question. When I do my walk throughs I do it after they have moved out and with out them present, after they have return the property to me. I give them a move in check list and then give them a move out check list that shows my expectation. By doing this I have protected myself in writing the best I can. I also have pictures of the condition of the property when they took possession.  
Good Afternoon Mike,  this form is not editable, however we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Feed back is very important.
I would like to edit the rooms and add rooms and bathroom... even adding a second floor would be very helpful
Since every property is different, it’s difficult to use any one inspection form. You could always use your spreadsheet. Create 1 for each property (call it master Inspection 123 –property address # -). Create columns such as Kitchen – cabinets, drawers, sink, faucet, stove, flooring, walls, etc. You can break it down further such as stove – knobs, elements, drip pans, etc. This allows you to be as flexible as you need. The form can have 2 sides. Move-In and Move-Out. In the move-out side you can have cells for cost of repairs. I could go on and on, but I think you get the drift. ---- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Login to post a comment