Start a new topic

Eviction process started now what?

I began the eviction process for Nov rent. Now we are in Dec and they have not paid. They have been served by the sheriff.  Do I need to give another 3 day notice for Dec rent? Since my filing only listed Nov rent.? If so do I put the amount owed for the month of Dec only or do I need to include Nov and Dec? I know if I don't do this process right the judge may dismiss and I have to start over again. I don't have the funds to keep trying while they live scott free. Can someone help with these questions? Thanks  

Can someone please answer this question?
Also what amount do I put on the 3 day notice? The total including late fees? OR just the rent amount?
In CA, only rent can be included in Notice. Suggestion - Call someone that serves eviction notices. Tell them that you may need their service. Ask them what information they require from you for the Notice. If they don't mention late fees, ask them if Notice only include rent and not late fees. This should help you with your question. I alway have some agency serve the Notice. No sense in me getting into tenants' face. Besides, they're the pros and a Notice MUST be accurate. In CA, the rate for delivery is $95.00. Interesting that no one has responded to your question.  ----- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with this EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Thanks Bob! I will try and look up one in Florida. As you know the costs can add up. So I can´t afford to do it wrong and have to start over because I put the wrong amounts.
Login to post a comment