Start a new topic

3-Day or 60-Day notice to evict

I own a house in CA and lease it to a tenant that started his lease over 2 years ago and is now on a month to month basis.   The tenant is a serial complainer. He has been coming up lately every month with different defects in the house as a way to decrease his monthly payments. He also complained at the end of the month but today he sent a formal letter saying he is withholding the rent until all defects will be fixed.  I am tired of his behavior and simply want him out of the house.   What is the fastest way to get him out?  1. A 3-Day Notice for not paying this month rent (but then he might take me to court saying he did not pay since I did not fix the defects)   OR   2. A 60-Day for end of lease (then I don't need a reason to end the lease). I won't be paid for two months but I think the chances of having to go to court are smaller.  What is my best option?

how can i download and print an eviction notice for free
you will have less problems with the 60 day...you didnt say if the orignal lease was a 1 year or 6 month lease, in California you only have to provide him a 30 day notice if he is under 6 month lease
Login to post a comment