Start a new topic

question

my tenant pd but within 2 days wants out of the contract after signing a year lease...no reason just changed her mind...i lost another potentiial tenant bc i said it was rented...am i due to give money back in alabama  

Have a talk with her. Find out why she needs to move. Remind her that she’s under contract. Let her know that you’re will to help her. However, she will continue to be responsible for rent until you find another tenant. Also tell her that she will be responsible for advertising, credit checks, etc related to finding a new tenant. Ask for her co-operation by allowing short notice for showing the unit and to keep it extra clean so it shows well. Make sure all your terms are in writing and have her sign/date the agreement. Terms are not negotiable….. Don’t be surprised if she refuses your terms and moves out without telling you….. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
I would serve them a 3 day notice to quit. If they do not, you can start the eviction process
I would just write a new lease if you are using a new service and keep the rest of them the same from here on out. Of course there are always circumstances that may cause changes.
Thanks
How much advanced notice in NYC is required for intent of non-renewal tenancy. Unregulated apt. 1 year lease modified to month to month. lease have standard clause" at end of term" tenant must leave apt. clean and good condition and give keys>>>>>>>.....................  I believe Hon Judge Badillo supervising judge Civil Court /Housing Court has addressed this issue ,but I can't locate his decision in case law or RPAPL  ed.
Login to post a comment