Start a new topic

Ending the lease

Is an e-mail an acceptable form of end of lease notice to move out or do we need to mail a letter? Most of our communications with our tenant are through e-mail and I have it in the lease that e-mail communications are acceptable but, would an e-mailed 60day notice be enforceable for non-renewal of lease?

I would def send both. Paper trails are always best(certified mail), email... still not a verified form of communication.
If the tenants agreed to email in the Agreement, I believe it would be acceptable if challenged. Just make sure that they acknowledge receipt….. CA just made email as an acceptable form of notification for sec.dpst reimbursement. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Unfortunately, it is impossible to give comprehensive real estate/tax advice over the internet, no matter how well researched or written. Therefore, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local Tax Laws. Also, if you have real questions, you should consult with an attorney or tax professional……Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data. Check out the new $$$$ for 2013
Login to post a comment