Start a new topic

Tenant moves out early, deposits partial rent

I have tenants that let me know they would be moving out before the lease is up.  The problem is that they only paid part of the rent and said, "the rest can be taken out of the security deposit".  Their payment is deposited directly into a bank account.  All communication was through email.  I told them that a partial payment would not be accepted and asked that they pay the full amount by the due date.  They have ignored all communication.  What can I do to purse the remaining rent?  What if they leave the property in poor condition?  When am I allowed to retake possession of the property?  Thanks for any help!

try  http://www.simp-list.com  ....  or do a Google search for Simp-List Software for the link
@Shane - Simp-List said it's a problem with the provide. Provider is working on problem.
had the exact same problem...This post was very helpful. Thanks for paying it forward--Yes, I enjoyed the movie and try to do the same when possible.--Anita
Bob, I have tried that many times but when you click on "Rental Property Organizer" you get gibberish.
Bob, thank you!
OK. Simp-List is looking into it. Thanks
Not sure why that is. I had no problem on my end. Here's another link. ......  http://www.simp-list.com/rental_property_organizer/index_rpo .....let me know if this works. I'll let Simp-List know about the problem you're experiencing.
That also came back as gibberish.
@Shane - try it now   http://simp-list.com/
I looked up the Rental Property Organizer and the website is not working... :-(
Thank you for the suggestions.  I chose to do all of the above and then file a claim in small claims court.  We will see how it goes.  Your help is appreciated.
You could send them a Pay or Quit Notice. If you do that, you’re ending the lease and they owe you nothing other than the rent /repairs up until the time they move…..You can send them a letter that the lease agreement states (if it does) that sec.dpst can not be used for rent and if they don’t send the bal rent due including late payment, you will report them to the credit agency (scare tactic)….. You can wait and see what they do and for them to move, at which time they will have broken the lease and be liable for rent until you find a replacement + possible expenses for finding a new tenant. More than likely you will have to go to court for that. Keep in mind that even tho you will probably win, you will still have to get the $$$ from them. . -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local and Tax Laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download. A great program at a great price! Check it out.
Login to post a comment