Start a new topic

lease is up

I have had a horrible year with these renters, finally the lease is up and I want to not renew the lease.  Is there  a form to let them know they have to move?

Robin, You're not supposed to wait until lease expires to let the tenant know you no longer want to rent to them. That should come 30-60 days or more prior to expiration date, depending on your state.
That depends on your State law. Some States require a 60 day Notice if tenant live there 12 months. Do a google search -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local and Tax Laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download. A great program at tax time and at a great price! Check it out.
how much time is required to move out a month to month tenant?
is required in FL to move out a "month to monther?"
You should send them a 30 (or the # of days your State law requires) Day Notice that you will not be renewing their lease and that they must vacate the property by (Time, date). Send it Certified, Return Receipt. As a side note….your contract should have some language about the type of lease it will be at the end of the lease period, such as the lease becomes a month-to-month.  -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local and Tax Laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download. A great program at tax time and at a great price! Check it out.
If lease term ends on the last day of their one year lease am I required to give them a non renewal notice as I do not want them month to month and my lease does not include this clause
Karen is partially correct. The lease period (1 yr lease for example) but not necessarily the contract. Most contracts contain a clause that state that after the expiration of a lease, it continues as a month-to-month. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local and Tax Laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download. A great program at tax time and at a great price! Check it out.
If you do not renew the lease, then their leasing time period would be up. You would send them  a non-renewal notice prior to the expiration of their lease currently.
Login to post a comment