Start a new topic

Vacant Insurance

I had to evict and now have the home up for sale. Since it is now vacant, I was told I need vacant insurance. The problem is, a 6-month policy costs $2,600! My regular home owners insurance only cost around $600 a year. Any way around this?

You do not need vacancy insurance as it is not a requirement by law. That is if your realtor does not require it. And if the house is going to move soon there should be no need or if you already have a security system. If no one has easy access to it you should not have to worry about squatters or damage and as long as you frequent the property you should be good.  If you do need to go to a big company like Farmers as they do offer pretty competitive rates.
Thank you!
Login to post a comment