Start a new topic

30 vs 60 day notice

If I have a renter that has lived in the house for 5 years with a month to month lease, can I give them a 30 day or dio I have to give a 60 day notice?

If I have a renter that has lived in the house for 5 years with a month to month lease, can I give them a 30 day or dio I have to give a 60 day notice?
In most situations (with the exception of some properties in communities with rent control, your landlord does not need to give you a reason (although acting on discriminatory or retaliatory motives is illegal). A landlord can simply give you a written notice to move, allowing you 30 days (60 days if you’ve lived in the rental a year or more) as required by California law and specifying the date on which your tenancy will end.   Your landlord may legally provide less notice if you have not paid rent, if you have violated other terms of your rental agreement (for example, bringing in an unauthorized tenant), or if you have violated basic responsibilities imposed by law (such as by dealing drugs on the rental
Login to post a comment