Start a new topic

Moratorium

Can someone answer these questions?  Why the push to evict people?  I can understand not being paid rent and wanting to get another person in the rental but the people who will be looking for new rentals are ones that were evicted from other housing.  This doesn't make sense especially considering landlords and property managers look at people's rental history.  So what happens when a potential person wants to rent and is refused because of the prior eviction and or has a poor credit score?  Credit score should not be used for housing determination as far as I'm concerned.  Someone will have to take a change on the new renter.  Why not just have the renter stay where they are?  Either way someone will still not be getting paid because the renter will claim "insufficient funds."  Is this all really just a way to get rid of unwanted tenants?  Who will be mostly effected, the poorer class of people, because they do the most renting especially in poorer neighborhoods where wages aren't that great.  Lastly, is there some sort of backlash from the landlords/managers because they noticed tenants purchasing luxury items instead of paying rent; so just taking advantage of the situation  If this is the case, I agree with that sentiment and the tenant should be evicted along with their luxury items.

I ran into an article on CNN in which one landlord admitted the moratorium ending was a way to get rid of eight tenants who refused to pay although "they could afford it."  How does the landlord know what these people can afford?  Read it here https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/24/success/landlords-eviction-moratorium-feseries/index.html
I ran into an article on CNN in which one landlord admitted the moratorium ending was a way to get rid of eight tenants who refused to pay although "they could afford it."  How does the landlord know what these people can afford?  Read it here https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/24/success/landlords-eviction-moratorium-feseries/index.html
Incidentally, the moratorium don't apply to me and my questions are more academic or investigating the eviction motivation.
Login to post a comment