Start a new topic

reporting a tenant to credit agency

I have 3 rental of the rental homes in Riverside, CA , has my 1 yr lease tenant of 5 months paying the rent late for 2 months than this month paid late & bounced the do I report this person to the credit reporting agencies?

If a tenant bounces a check, you need to do two things -- 1) get the actual payment in cash, cashier's check, or money order. and 2) put in writing that you will not accept any more personal checks.
You really can't report them until they move out and owe money that exceeds their deposit anyway.
We had tenant pay their rent knowing full well their check would bounce.  Make a copy of the bounced check and take it to your local Prosecuting Attorney.  It took 5 months but they collected the money and now the tenant has a history on file with the State of Missouri.
Login to post a comment