Start a new topic

New to this...running credit check for first time

Do I have to have the applicants bank account number to process the credit check? She is uncomfortable putting that on the application.

Just have her give you the names and last 4 # and amount of all her accounts. You’ll be able to match them on the credit report. If she’s not will, move on to the next applicant ….. As for the report, you will need her Soc.Security #, last 2 addresses and Driver’s lic. And her signature authorizing you to run credit check. Don’t forget to collect a fee per your State allowable amount. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data.
You might also think about a different approach offered by MyScreeningReport.com.  It is applicant initiated so no fees are imposed on or by you, the landlord.  The applicant pays for the report.  All you have to do is refer them to the site and the applicant takes it from there.  They request the report and then pay for it and then they give you permission to see it.  Simple and easy and secure for all parties.  If the applicant is uneasy about giving you SSN or credit card info, this solves that as well.  Unlike Bob R., I am affiliated with MyScreeningReport.com but only remotely.  i like their product and services and I do advise them now and then on business matters.
Login to post a comment