Start a new topic

Real Estate Agent Question

I have a question regarding real estate agents - When I purchased my home, my agent assured me that all inspections had been performed and the house was in prime condition. But a few weeks after I moved in, my friend told me there was termite damage around some of the wooden beams. I feel like the agent falsely advertised the home, and was wondering what I should do. While the termite damage is not a big deal, it makes me wonder what else is wrong with the home. I'm going to see a lawyer (example) soon, but wanted to get online advice first, thanks!

Sara,  When inspections are performed on homes, the person buying received copies of any and all inspections. Look through your paperwork.
Termite damage "IS" a big deal and needs to be addressed. Termite damage can lead to thousands of $$$$ in repair. As Sara mentioned, you should have rec'd a copy of the inspection and you would have had to sign off on it, either accepting or rejecting the inspection. If you didn't, contact the owner of the RE Office that represented you. You may need to contact an attorney if you don't get satisfaction. ----- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. Also, since State/Local laws vary, you should check with a Real Estate Attorney. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
I want to know , that when i Bought  my  home  for  residential purpose.  then all the   terms and conditions  but after some  months  it   got  some  problem in the wiring  fitting and the windows doors, then i thougt  it  may be   any cause  for this , but after that  i got some  others problem, as like water pump   and color paint. Then  i  understood that  agent was  fraud and not  give a good  quality.
In my humble opinion, your only recourse is to contact a Real Estate Attorney. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance
Real Estate is the term of the  business   related to the property management  and the  property  .housing and property is the term of the property management  and the  business term of the property manage  by a  able managers. As Sara discussed, you really should have rec'd a copy of the inspection and you would have had to sign off on it, either accepting or rejecting the inspection. If you didn't, contact the owner of the RE Office that represented you. you might need to contact an attorney if you don't get satisfaction. ----- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to aid those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. Also, since State/Local laws vary, you should check with a real estate Attorney. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime.
(digital1234 d, AZ)    Deja vu ........
This is  right   you  have   well decision , But you  first   nee  That  when you   bought the Apartment  you  should   take an Agreement  such type of the  propblem Because there are  very rare case  when property  get propblem in very short time , May this is the case of the low  material  which used in the  Real Estate.
I want to  know  about the information  about   property  agreement    decision   How ther are stable  ,  is  this  required that  we   varifed  by  officer or the   use it by  a land lord , where tenant   lives.
Hello My maryland condo trenant  has been there 5 years and is now on month to month lease.    For family reasons, i need her /tenant to vacate by Aug 31st and  place my Mother in the condo.  Is 45 days notice legally sufficent?    Her lease runs from 15th of month.  If I give notice June 29  with 45 days notice to vacate, is that legellay sufficient?     Do I have to give the reason?     Thanks.  Kathleen MM   6/25/12
My  Tenat  has  been living  for 3 years   and  now  i  have  need  in   next   mont  if  i  notce  him  for  leave  is  it  valid   before  30  days    and ,  how  i can    find   vacant   my  home   soon. property management companies mn is  the  company  that    manage  the  property  and  rental  real Estate  in  a  very good  Ideas  for   fix  it's  high  value   in the  market .
Ms sandy is living on rent for 3 onths and now landlord is saying for leave a room .now i dnt have any option and i cant shift this time because i m not able to search room this time so real estate helps me to search a nyc place for room.
mr.john want to buy a new home but due to financial problem he cant give money at a time so real estate helps to provide a loan and a perfect house  in a effective price.el segundo property management. you can take a right decision through a real estate.
Well, its not a big deal but first you have to consult with all these your agent after that take any action.
Sara, that is common mistake that tenants make. Nest time, I recommend you to be present during inspection. Ask your landlord to give you a move-in checklist and then fill it out. In addition to checking off all boxes — from ensuring everything is working to noting any blemishes and marks —this article https://rentberry.com/blog/typical-tenants-mistakes advises to bring a camera and take pictures of your apartment before you unpack your boxes. Don’t be afraid to seem highly intrusive, it’s your money and nerves.  I’m sorry about your situation. Unfortunately, not all agents treat their clients fairly.  If I were you, I would definitely leave a bad reference about him.
Login to post a comment