Start a new topic

Location to invest in New Jersey

When I look for houses in good neighborhoods, the price of house is $250k ,but the rent is around $1700 only.  What is the ratio to look for Rent / Price RATIO for profitable investment.  

In order to calculate price-to-rent ratio divide the median house price by the median annual rent to generate a ratio. I read that, consumers should consider buying when the ratio is under 15 and rent when it is above 20. Markets with a high price/rent ratio usually do not offer as good an investment opportunity.  Buying a home is probably one of the biggest decisions that you come to  in your life. So, you should have a consultation with real estate professional.
This topic is related to hte agreement of the property that is how to give or take agreement of the property management companies mn is the so good and it leads the agreement suggesstion  http://www.minneapolis.realpropertymgt.com/
This topic is related to hte agreement of the property that is how to give or take agreement of the property, [url=http://www.minneapolis.realpropertymgt.com/]property management companies mn[/url] is the so good and it leads the agreement suggesstion
I look at the whole picture. Compare it to having your $$$$ is a savings account is one way (less expenses). If I have a 9-5 job, how does it affect my taxes? In 10 yrs, what is the cap.gain? Here's the part I like. (#s are fictional and discussion only.)  Buy a property for 100K. In 10 yrs, it's worth $200K. That's a cap gain of $100K which is taxable. Maybe not. Move in to that rental for 2 yrs. Sell it tax free. If you're single, you get $250K tax free. Married = $500K. You have another rental? Great! Now move into that one and do the same thing. In this example, you could walk away with $200K tax free in 4 yrs. Something to think about. Especially if the market starts it upswing..----- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with this EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Login to post a comment