Start a new topic

Lots of traffic in and out the property and Unauthorized pet

Hello, I have a tenant that is having several guests though out the day 15min stays at a time and is constant. Neighbors think it may be drugs but can't prove it nor can I. The quests do not appear to be the best type of people and are disruptive when they visit. What can I do?    Also Tenant's Guest and I say that lightly I believe she lives there off and on though out the week keeps bring cat and dog into the property. I told tenant the pets could not be in their at all ever. What can I do. If I serve a notice they will remove the animal and than just do it again.

If you believe drugs are involved, talk with you local police. Don’t get involved directly with tenants/guests.  If you have a pet clause, send tenant a Notice to Correct Violation or Move. After sending several Notices, you may be able to evict them for continuous violations. Check with an attorney. If they’re on a month-to-month, send them a Notice to Move. . -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance
I would send a notice for unauthorized people and pets. If they do not follow and it occurs again, you could have grounds for eviction.
Login to post a comment