Start a new topic

Unauthirised living partner

My lease was made between a women with 2 children under the age of 6, although I knew her partner was also going to be living in the rental, he is not listed on the lease.   They had been having issues with-in their relationship and she asked him to leave, this was about the same time which I had found him cultivating illegal substances on my property.  I informed my tenant he was no longer to be on the premises, a condition which she agreed to except for him helping her with their children.  I informed her he was not to be living with her and it was up to her to make arrangements as far as her children were concerned, otherwise I legally could have him arrested and since she violated the lease, I could give her eviction notice, this was back in October.   I have not gone by the rental since, for I had assumed she had thrown him out and he was no longer there.  My understanding was, she made child care arrangements for her children and he was no longer on /in the property. I have since found out he continues to reside in the house.   How is the proper manner for which I should ask the renter if her partner is still living there?   She might say he "visits" , which I do have a clause for how long and how many days a visitor may stay with-out being considered either an add on to the lease or the visitor shall begin paying rent. How often should I be doing a house inspection?  If I schedule a house inspection after the new year, I will be able to see whether or not her partner is living in the property, right? She has the attitude that as long as she pays her rent it is none of my business what and or whom she has in the house.  Should I also have this type of attitude? Any suggestions would be appreciated.   Thank-you.

i live in GA and have a similar situation but the  person is rude and makes nasty comments and bullies other tenants. what can i do. i called the police and they said i have to evict this person but i did not lease to him
i live in GA and have a similar situation but the  person is rude and makes nasty comments and bullies other tenants. what can i do. i called the police and they said i have to evict this person but i did not lease to him
As soon as I read illegal activity I stop and say call the police.  That is the sure sign to have him removed from the property. Also they are trespassing if they are not actually on the lease.  Evict them , arrest them , call the cops as many times as you need as well as have the actual tenant call and help or if they are not willing they will need to be evicted also.
Login to post a comment