Start a new topic

lost in montana

i know a landlord can charge a late fee a flat rate but can they also charge u 10.00 dollars every day for being late
1 Comment

Yep, he sure can. Will that ($10/day) hold up in court, probably not. The late fee may be ok if it’s no greater than 10% of the rent. 5% would be better. What does the contract state. Life would be soooo much better if the rent was paid on time. Landlords have bills to pay too. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data
Login to post a comment