Start a new topic

Landlord wanting rent from tenant when tenant has paid

I have a friend that has paid their rent every month in the amount of $700.00.   Their landlord is now stating that they owe him over 50,000.00.  The landlord has never given them a receipt but asks them to deposit it straight into his account.    What can my friends do to prove that they do not owe this guy money????   It seems to me that this guy is just after money.   My friend told the landlord that they will move out but he still expects them to pay him every month for the house that they will no longer be in.   Any help will be appreciated.
1 Comment

So what you’re saying is that the landlord is claiming your friend owes approx 5 yrs of rent? If so, I’d say good luck on landlord trying to collect…..If friend made bank deposits friend would have rec’d a bank receipt. If paid by check, friend should have checking statements to support his payments……Is friend on a lease or month-to-month? Is friend 65 of age? -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data
Login to post a comment