Start a new topic

Signing of a lease in Florida

Does anyone know when a lease needs to be signed?  Can it be sign after the term of the lease?

You want to sign a lease before you start the term not at the end.
Thank you for your response, but I was wondering if theres anything illegal about the lease being signed after the lease term has begun, or if there is a time limit on when it needs to be signed.  I'm not sure if that changes the terms of the lease in any way such as the begin or end day of the lease.  I dont think it does, but I cant find any information about it in the Clerk of Courts in Florida or any other web site pertaining ot landlord-tenant laws in the state of Florida.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
More info on this situation would be helpful…….. In any case, a lease can be signed any time the parties agree to sign. However, it should be signed “Before” new tenants take possession or receive keys to the property. This includes storing anything on property……. At signing, you should also collect a deposit (= to 1 or 2 months rent) to hold the property. Include in your lease (or create an Addendum) that the deposit is non-refundable if they fail to move-in. Also state that when tenant takes possession, the deposit will be applied to their sec.dpst (and 1st months rent if you collect 2 months rent as a deposit). This deposit should be either cash or bank check. Not personal check. . -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data.
I am living in South Florida. Lease signing should be done on professional opinion.  If you are looking for buying new home here, then you will be pleased to know that developers like Albanese Builders has various homes available for sale as well as there are plenty of current projects going on in the beautiful spots of South Florida. Hope you will get your dream home within your budget.
Login to post a comment