Start a new topic

Broken lease and small claims court

Hello, I Iive in Texas, had a contract with tenant and they broke lease as well as had some payments cancelled on purpose before they moved out. Plus they had not cleaned the house before they abandoned it. He promised to pay the balance with installments but is ignoring me. He has since moved away, but the small claims court said I need a current address before I can sue them. I have a drivers license number, social security number, and date of birth. What is the easiest way to find a current address so I can get papers served to them by a constable or justice of the peace? I am not sure if he is still employed at his previous job. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

It is not against *the* law to conduct a online search for the individual. Use spokeo or any credible online "person search." This will cost but it might be worth it. Goodluck!!.   Posted by Vincent
It is not against to law to conduct a online search for the individual. Use spokeo or any credible online "person search." This will cost but it might be worth it. Goodluck!!.
Yes, I already found him on Facebook, but he never lists his address, although I can see his location is in the same area. They did have some emergency contacts. I may give them a call, but they are relatives so they may be hush about his whereabouts. I have never done collection agency, but which one is good and are there certain ones for this type of thing?
Sadly, I know of no legal way to obtain the current address. Anytime law enforcement obtains information as such, it requires a warrant or probable cause, I believe. You might try calling his employer to verify if he works there. That would give you a starting point. I wouldn't give all the details, but simply state you are attempting to verify his employment. Another option could be looking into turning it over to a collection agency. They might have remedies to find information like that. They could at least peruse the current balance owned. Did they ever give you an emergency contact number of a retaliative or anything? Also, you might try Facebook or social media. You might laugh, but you would be amazed the things I can find out about someone through those sites. He might have even posted a photo of his new residence... Sorry I can't be of more help.
Sadly, I know of no legal way to obtain the current address. Anytime law enforcement obtains information as such, it requires a warrant or probable cause, I believe. You might try calling his employer to verify if he works there. That would give you a starting point. I wouldn't give all the details, but simply state you are attempting to verify his employment. Another option could be looking into turning it over to a collection agency. They might have remedies to find information like that. They could at least peruse the current balance owned. Did they ever give you an emergency contact number of a retaliative or anything? Also, you might try Facebook or social media. You might laugh, but you would be amazed the things I can find out about someone through those sites. He might have even posted a photo of his new residence... Sorry I can't be of more help.
Login to post a comment