Start a new topic

Do Seattle Landlord Tenant Laws Also Apply to other cities - Redmond?

Hello,  I would really love some  help and advice. I am wanting to find it if the Seattle Landlord Tenant Laws also apply to Washington State - specially Redmond WA. There are two laws I am specially interested in that I do not see in Washington State RCWs.  1) Summary of Landlord and Tenant Rights A landlord must distribute a summary of state landlord tenant law and City of Seattle rental housing codes describing the rights, obligations, and remedies of landlords and tenants under these laws. If a landlord fails to distribute the summary in accordance with these requirements, a tenant may terminate the rental agreement by written notice.   2) A tenant who leaves before a lease expires is responsible for paying the rent for the rest of the lease term. However, the landlord must make an effort to rerent the unit at a reasonable price. If this is not done, the tenant may not be liable for rent beyond a reasonable period of time.  I needed to break my lease early due to personal circumstances. My landlord has not taken active good faith measure to re-rent the property. Also, he has has listed the property for a price considered to high by comparables and the rent he charged me. In addition, I never received the "Summary of Tenant and Landlord Laws". I want to find out if this is also a way to terminate the lease. He failed to make repairs back in May of 2017 as well.   Thank you in advance. Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated!  Angie
Login to post a comment