Start a new topic

60 day notice

My tenant is refusing to give her 60 day notice even after I gave her an extra 20 days to do so. I do have a clause in her lease that requires 60 day notice but I did not specify a course of action. Here is that exact portion of the lease:  "n. 19) Tenant must give 60 day notice if tenant decides to not renew the lease agreement. 20) Within those 60 days landlord or property manager is allowed to place a for rent sign sign in front yard. Landlord or property manager will be able to show property to potential renters giving tenant 24hr notice. *Refusal results in fee."  Is there any course of action I can take like making the tenant responsible for the equivalent rent amount due for the sixty (60) days after notice is given, even though this lease does not automatically renew? She has caused me problems and financial issues, so I do not care to renew a lease after this current issue. what would be a good course of action I can take for not giving a proper 60 day notice when I gave her 20 extra days to do so. Thank you ahead of time for your advice.
Login to post a comment