Start a new topic
Answered

I need an attorney - landlord advice in Calif. Santa Cruz County

I have two issues with my tenant.

1. He scares me, I'm afraid of him! He has sent me texts which I find unacceptable and scary.

2. I used the Pet Addendum from EZ landlord and assumed that by entering one pet dog that the tenant would only be allowed to have one pet. Now he has two very large fishtanks and a second dog which is a puppy. My tenant works days and is now on vacation out of state for a week. He has left the two dogs in the house unsupervised during the day and the puppy urinates on the carpet and defecates on my new hardwood floors!

HELP!

Best Answer

If you are feeling scared or threatened by your tenant, it is important that you take immediate action to protect yourself. You may want to consider contacting the police or a legal professional for guidance on how to handle the situation.

Regarding the pet situation, it is important to review the language of your lease agreement and the pet addendum to see what it allows and disallows. If the tenant has violated the lease by having more pets than allowed or not properly caring for them, you may want to consider taking legal action, such as sending a violation notice or terminating the lease.

In the short term, if the dogs are causing damage to the property, you may want to consider taking steps to mitigate the damage, such as covering the floors with plastic or confining the dogs to a certain area of the house. You may also want to consider hiring a professional cleaning service to clean the carpets and floors after the tenant returns from vacation.

It is important to approach these issues in a professional and legal manner, and to take action to protect your property and your own safety. Consider seeking guidance from a legal professional or a property management expert to ensure that you are following proper procedures and protecting your interests.

*ezLandlordForms is not a law firm and our services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.*

1 Comment

Answer

If you are feeling scared or threatened by your tenant, it is important that you take immediate action to protect yourself. You may want to consider contacting the police or a legal professional for guidance on how to handle the situation.

Regarding the pet situation, it is important to review the language of your lease agreement and the pet addendum to see what it allows and disallows. If the tenant has violated the lease by having more pets than allowed or not properly caring for them, you may want to consider taking legal action, such as sending a violation notice or terminating the lease.

In the short term, if the dogs are causing damage to the property, you may want to consider taking steps to mitigate the damage, such as covering the floors with plastic or confining the dogs to a certain area of the house. You may also want to consider hiring a professional cleaning service to clean the carpets and floors after the tenant returns from vacation.

It is important to approach these issues in a professional and legal manner, and to take action to protect your property and your own safety. Consider seeking guidance from a legal professional or a property management expert to ensure that you are following proper procedures and protecting your interests.

*ezLandlordForms is not a law firm and our services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.*

Login to post a comment