Start a new topic

Daughter issue - move back in? God help me..

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida  I've got the most pain in the butt daughter you could ever imagine.  Back in January she was evicted from me and my wife's second home. I had to go through the eviction process for my own daughter. Luckily my wife was out of the country on the day of the hearing. If she wasn't our daughter would have still been held up in that home.  Anyways to my question - from what I sense in a recent chit chat between my brother and my wife, it seems like my daughter is interested in going back to that home and guess what - mom - yes she supports her once again. My daughter was already ordered to leave that home before can she go back again? When that house was cleared I had a good friend change the locks and I made sure that I only had the only copy since I can't trust my wife these days when it comes to my daughter. She's got too much hear for her. But the bottom line is we need to cut her loose, she's 24 years old now.  So basically two questions:  1) Considering the past judgement back in January of this year (2012) that got her to leave the house, if my wife wants her back in there can our daughter still return and stay in that house?  2) Although the locks of that home is now changed, can my wife get a locksmith to open the door forcibly?  And yes the wife owns half of the home. 50/50.  Thanks Dan

Dan that is pretty complicated, its prob best to consult an attorney. This issue being, your wife owns half of the prop, so she would most likely have a say.
Short story – you and wife need counseling so you can be on the same page. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
I would suggest marriage or family counseling.
Firstly think good before such decision. As for burglary, which is likely to happen to anyone, especially in a big city. Not all the attempts are successful in this case, but in most cases burglary repair is still needed. Now we are talking about emergency door repair which presupposes lock repair, changing locks or keys, consulting on what lock it is better to choose and how to maintain it in a good condition. So, you able to calling locksmith Vaughan (Ontario).
Login to post a comment