Start a new topic

Renter's Permit

Hi,  I purchased a house in philly as a rental; at closing receive and user and occupancy certificate.  Is this the same as a renter's permit or not.  If so, who do you contact for such documentation?  Thanks.

yes it's the same .You must contact the division of building and codes for a home inspection of the rental unit.they will alert you in writing of any repairs that needs to repaired. You will have about a month to correct these issues.They will come back out to inspect you will have pay a fee then they will mail you your CO. Good Luck
If your rental is in another township besides Philly, check with the township for the need of Certificate of Occupancy.
Login to post a comment