Start a new topic

Pay tenant to leave

Is it legal to pay tenant to leave your property.  This confrontational tenant pay one month and security.  She's only been there a month and causing problems for me.  The boyfried is there under house arrest.  I was willing to give back her entire $1500 for her to be out of there by 4/30.  Is this legal

I have used this tactic before. I believe if she agrees to it - it is legal. You cannot force her to take the money and leave. Make sure though that she understands that she needs to leave quietly and that there can be no damage.
Yes it is legal, I was advised to do the same thing by an atty, however, BEFORE you give them the money, get it in writing, and wait until she's completely out, or she can take the money and stay.
Login to post a comment