Start a new topic

Lost Lease

I live in California, so I know the laws are different. I lost the lease. Is it my tenants responsibility to give me a copy of it? I also would like to do a property insepction. Do I need to give the tenants written or verbal notice and if so, how far in advance?
1 Comment

You can certainly ask your tenant for a copy of the lease but I am unsure about it being a responsibility of theirs. Frequently, I find that tenants themselves misplace and lose leases. A landlord may enter the dwelling unit only in the following cases: (1) In case of emergency. (2) To make necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations or improvements, supply necessary or agreed services, or exhibit the dwelling unit to prospective or actual purchasers, mortgagees, tenants, workers, or contractors or to make an inspection pursuant to subdivision (f) of Section 1950.5. (3) When the tenant has abandoned or surrendered the premises. (4) Pursuant to court order. (b) Except in cases of emergency or when the tenant has abandoned or surrendered the premises, entry may not be made during other than normal business hours unless the tenant consents to an entry during other than normal business hours at the time of entry.
Login to post a comment