Start a new topic

Tenant drove car into the house

My tenant's Insurance company estimated a repair cost which is a lot lower than our contractor's estimate.  My tenant's insurance company told us that the amount is undisputed, and they want us to pick a contractor who would repair for the amount that they estimated.  What should we do? Should we call an attorney.  At the same time, our tenant who did the damage to the house, keep sending us certified mail to tell us to expedite the repair decision.
1 Comment

I would call an attorney for this. Sometimes Insurance companies seem to bank on consumers being fearful or just not knowing and they end up accepting what they shouldn't have. What were the circumstances around the tenant driving into the house? I think I would get at least one more estimate myself so that I have back-up when they say it shouldn't cost that much.
Login to post a comment