Start a new topic

How to garnish wages

I have judgement for a tenent that owes me money, she has sinse moved out. how do I start to garnish her wages?
1 Comment

In most cases there are steps taken in your local court house to try and collect on a judgement. It can be difficult but possible. Before any kind of wage attachment there are a whole bunch of things you must do first. I must tell you though that it can be expensive and sometimes not worth it. You will be surprised though sometimes. I had a tenant many years ago who i had evicted and owed money. He went to get a mortgage and needed my judgement to go away. He ended up paying it so he could get his mortgage. It was like 5 years later.
Login to post a comment