Start a new topic

liability protection

My property is owned by ny LLC, but I have concerns about the super or any hired help getting hurt while doing work in the building. These people typically are not insured, and I don't belive my insurance covers their activities as independednt contractors. What is the best way to protect myself.
1 Comment

If they work for you, you must have worker's comp insurance.  You can also mandate in their own lease that they must carry insurance.  But if they are engaging in work for you, you will not be able to get out of liability.
Login to post a comment