Start a new topic

Accepting Partial Rent

I am currently in the eviction process. My tenant has givern me half of the payment. Can I still evict him or will this just delay the process? I am able to file my final 24 HR notice in 4 days? Property is in SC. Any Help.
1 Comment

A landlord may bring an action of ejectment against a tenant in these situations: (1) when the tenant fails or refuses to pay the rent when due, (2) when the term of tenancy or occupancy ends, or (3) when the terms or conditions of the lease are violated. (See § 27-37-10). Provisions in the SCRLTA provide the following additional grounds for a residential ejectment: noncompliance with the rental agreement, §27-40-710; failure to pay rent, §27-40-710; noncompliance affecting health and safety, §27-40-720; and absence, nonuse and abandonment, §27-40-730. Always consult the statute before acting. For specific grounds for ejectment under the Manufactured Home Park Tenancy Act, see §27-47-530.  Once an action for ejectment is begun for failure to pay rent, the landlord is under no obligation to accept past rent if offered by the tenant.
Login to post a comment